Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oh, the Holidays

Holy craziness!  I finally have a moment to breathe... it seems like the family has been on the go since Thanksgiving (which was lovely and full of babies!).  We celebrated Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's house, and between all of us, there are 3 babies from this year and one toddler from 3 years ago.  So, there was a lot of commotion with cries, feedings, and diaper changes.

I finally finished and sent off a sketch.  This dog's name is Nikki (me in dog form!) and was kind of a challenge for me to sketch.  I normally don't do full body sketches because they are time consuming.  But, I decided to do this one to stretch my artistic muscles.  Here's the finished product.




I always love the framed finished product.  Once I get the sketch in a frame, I feel so happy and proud of myself.  It's done!  I hope her owner enjoys it, too!

Other than sketching (I'm currently working on Christmas gifts, so I can't post those until I send them off), I've been busy with Evan and a million other things.  I'm almost done Christmas shopping, which is a shock!  Seems like with a kid I've slashed my buying list in half.

Evan's a little over 3 months now and he is getting so big!  I took a picture of the two of us the other day since it seems like we have NO photos together.

Me and my baby!
He loves his little saucer!  It's a good place for him to contemplate and take his morning poop. :)

I'll be back to share more sketches and other home projects I'm working on.  I've been scouring Craigslist and I purchased a few pieces of furniture.  So, I can share before and after pics with you!  Have a great rest of the weekend!

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment