Friday, December 28, 2012

Down Time

It's all over!  YAY! :)  Now life can resume back to normal, and I can focus on fantasizing about warm, sunny, swimming pool filled days.
Oh, how I wish!
Christmas was fairly uneventful this year.  There were a lot of babies to take care of, though.  It's amazing to me that we went from having one baby on my husband's side of the family to 5 little ones in one short year.  Crazy!
My little man with his Christmas lights!
So, with Evan's first Christmas under our belts (he had NO idea what was going on), Steve and I are trying to get back in the swing of normal things.  He's off at work today, and I'm stuck at home due to the winter snow storm that is taking place outside my windows as I type. 
My view
This time of year has always been a little rough on me.  Little sunlight, lots of overcast days, and cold weather leave me feeling down and anxious.  I am happy to say, though, that I did have a bit of an anxious spell and I seemed to have worked through it by MYSELF.  Well, I had my husband and my mom's support, but I was able to sort things out in my mind on my own.  I'm kind of proud of myself for that.  Anxiety sucks, especially if you let it effect you the way I tend to.  I'm 32 years old and finally learning how to calm the anxious episodes down on my own.  Fingers crossed I keep improving on that front.

Anxiety aside, I was able to work on a lot of sketching for a few customers for Christmas.  I can finally share my images with you!  Here's what I worked on...

"Lucy"





"Laurel & Darya"





I'm still working on one other picture for a family member right now.  But looking back on it, I wasn't too too busy this Christmas season.  I'm definitely not complaining.  I was able to enjoy the my baby's first Christmas without too much stress!

Steve's been working on our master bathroom addition the past few days (well, off and on now for a couple of weeks).  I'll be sure to take some pictures and share them next time.  It's just too cold to venture out there for a photoshoot at the moment.

'Til next time...

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment