Friday, December 21, 2012

Here Comes Santa Claus... Now Go Away

Christmas is right around the corner, and I for one cannot wait for it to just get here and then go away!  It's true: I don't like this time of year.

My husband likes to call me a Grinch, but I don't think I'm Grinchy.  I just don't really like this time of year.  The days are like a minute long with no sunlight, and it's cold outside.  The roads are clogged with holiday shoppers and it takes forever to just get some groceries.  Yes, this time of year is not my strong point.  Kinda makes me sad because I used to love Christmas as a kid.  Maybe next year will be different with my little man.  He'll be over a year old and more aware of things.  Right now, he's my little sweet, aloof loaf of bread. :)

Evan with his cousins: from left, Fiona, Amelia, Evan, and Clover
This picture was taken at the family lodge up at Penn State.  Steve's side of the family is exploding with kids. These four were all born this year!  It's nice his cousins will be pretty much the same age.  And he's the only boy!  He'll definitely be comfortable around girls.

I've also been getting some sketching done.  It's been crunch time because of Christmas, and I've managed to stay on top of things.


I did this sketch for Steve's cousin, Brian.  His dog recently passed away and we wanted to do something nice to commemorate her.  I was really happy with how it turned out.

Well, I hope to be able to touch base before Christmas comes.  I gotta run and feed Evan now.  We've started him on cereal!  He's doing pretty well with it so far!

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment