Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's Time

Back from our mini-honeymoon vacation, Steve & I are happy to be home!  We had a great time in the Poconos, but I was definitely missing my "normal" routines at home.  I'm a creature of comfort for sure, and the wedding and chaos surrounding it were not exactly in my comfort zone. :) 

That being said, with all of our nuptial craziness behind us, Steve & I are back to focusing on things that are very important to us. 

We've been keeping tabs on the protesting occuring in Wall Street in New York City.  We were both very excited to hear that the protest against corporate greed is becoming a global movement.  Today, in downtown Pittsburgh, there is going to be a march and protest (starting at Freedom Corner and ending in Market Square).  The rally starts at 11:00am this morning at Freedom Corner, with the march starting at 11:45am. 

It's time to stand up and fight back.  I'm not one for confrontation on any level, but the direction this country is going is ridiculous.  Corporate greed and the American Political System are working too closely together and I can't stand it anymore.  Steve & I plan to start a family, and we really want a better America for our children.  That is our main motivation.

Visit www.occupypittsburgh.org for more information.  And more importantly, stand up and join the protest!

Peacing out,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment