Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Garbage Find

I love finding a beautiful piece of furniture for my home.  I love it even more when I don't have to pay for it!  I came across this piece a couple of weeks ago in my neighbor's garbage and I immediately sent Steve to pick it up for me.


This is one solid piece of furniture.  There is NO WAY I can lift this thing on my own.  It's an old mail sorter the post office used back in the day.  It's needs a little touching up, but I don't plan on doing anything too drastic to it.  I love the way it looks, all old and worn in.

The shelves are perfectly worn in and roughed up already!!!!!!!!!
A straight-on shot... it's mainly made of wood.

I'm so in love!
Steve just shakes his head anymore when it comes to my furniture adventures.  I always tell him if it were up to him the only pieces of furniture we would have in this house would be a couch and our bed.  He just laughs and says, "Yeah, you are probably right."

I realize this piece is going to be a odd thing to decorate.  It's not like I can fill up every slot of this thing.  But I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to throw this away!  They don't make stuff like this anymore.  It's a beautiful piece of work and I'm OVERJOYED it's MINE! :)

As for our master bathroom, Steve has been really busy with work from clients, so he hasn't had much of a chance to work on it lately.  He's not too happy about that.

I will be sharing some pet portraits soon that I've recently finished.  Just got to get around taking some photos of them!

Here's a shot of me and Evan I took yesterday (he's 6 months already!!!!).


It's not the best picture, but that's what happens when you are always in a hurry.

Be back soon!
-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment