Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Score!

With my wedding coming up in October, I've been working on some decorative details the past few days.  The wedding "theme" I'm going for is rustic.  Our wedding is taking place outside (under a big tent) at our farmhouse.  I really want to keep things warm, simple, and natural. 
Here are some pictures I've found online that have been sources of my inspiration.

Weddingbeepro.com
aperfectcelebration.com
Weddingbee.com
As a result of this very specific idea in my head, I've been searching for vintage wooden crates for the decorative pieces at our wedding and for my art show tent!  (More on the art show tent later.)

After perusing craigslist everyday for the past 2 weeks, I finally found a viable source the other day.  I contacted the poster and he told me the apple crates were still available at only ONE DOLLAR a piece!  I was so all over that.  I picked them up yesterday, and I couldn't be any happier.  Check them out!


Don't you just love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm still all happy with my $13 purchase. :)  These crates are from an actual apple orchard farmer--which makes them even better!

Luckily enough, I haven't been stressed out at all with the wedding planning.  I'm really enjoying it!  I love the decorating and coming up with creative ideas!  The only other reason I might stress would be because of money, but my mom is pretty much covering most of the wedding event expenses (thank GOD) and Steve's parents have been helping with our finishing-touches-on-the-farmhouse expenses (our new windows and porch roof are our wedding gifts!). 

I'm working on the invitations at the moment.  It's a lot of work (I'll be posting the invitations later!) but they are turning out so beautifully.

Okay, back to more wedding planning stuff.
Peacing out,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment