Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our Wedding Shower Gifts

Hi everyone!  My wedding shower was, in a word, awesome!  It was so nice to see friends and family I haven't seen in a while.  Steve and I got a lot of gifts, mostly for our home, and they are all perfect. 
Here's a brief overview of the shower before I share some of the goods with you. :)

My future sister-in-law, Erin, insisted on throwing me a wedding shower.  I initially said I didn't want one.  But, with her gentle and persistent persuasion, I gave in.  And I'm so glad I did! 

The wedding shower took place at Erin's home in Brighton Heights, Pittsburgh.  Erin took the opportunity to fix up her house a little before the party (which turned out to be quite stressful for her and her husband, but worked out in the end).  You know how it goes, you want to throw a party and decide to paint a little here and patch up a little there.  Just little projects popping up all around the house.  We all started helping her with her home projects a few weeks before the shower and managed to get everything on her immediate "to do" list done.  Phew!

The wedding shower started at 10:30 on Saturday morning.  It was more like a wedding brunch shower.  My mom and my future mother-in-law, Sue, helped out with the organization, food, and preparations.  We had so much delicious food!  I promise to get some pictures from my mom when I see her!  I didn't bring my camera, of course.  I know, I suck.

Onward and upward with the gifts!  I got a lot of things off my registry--luxurious white towels, new Fiesta Ware dishes, a coffee maker for Steve, an iron for me... etc etc.  There were a few gifts we received that were total surprises, and I took some pictures of those to share with you.


This door mat was a gift from my mom.  I saw this in the Sundance catalog a few months before Steve and I moved into our farmhouse.  I immediately fell in love with it.  I mean, how perfect is it!?  It's like it was made for us... Pilot and Camper are on the friggin' rug! 


Steve's cousin, Karyn, made this for us.  I'm normally not a big fan of picture collages, but this one rocks my world!  When I opened it up all I could do was laugh and smile.  She managed to put all of the pictures I love together in a fabulous framed setting.  It's got pictures of me and Steve, and of our dogs and cat.  A total surprise, and we love it!


The table runner and napkins were made by Steve's Aunt Sandi, and they are completely gorgeous.  She hand-dyes the fabrics herself and has made everything from quilts to table runners to placemats.  She now frames her pieces and they are fantastic.  Check them out by clicking on her name above.  (Oh!  And the flowers were from my mom for the shower and the rolling pin candle holder was from my family-friend Linda.)


This hanging wire metal pendant was made by Steve's cousin, Sarah.  The bright flowers are all hand twisted and sculpted by Sarah's hands.  I love the uniqueness of the gift.  It's hanging by our front door now, and I know we'll be getting a lot of compliments on it from our guests. 




The biggest gift Steve and I received was the porch furniture from Sue and Charlie, Erin and Bill, and Jimmy and Amanda.  Steve recently finished our deck (as you can see!) and it was big and empty.  This furniture fills it up nicely, and will work perfectly for our wedding!

 
Steve came at the very end of the shower with these wood flowers in hand.  I was SO excited to see these.  They are hand-made by my favorite people in the world, Dee and Mike!!!!!!  (Quick recap: Steve and I met Dee and Mike and their daughter Nina at the Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival this past July... loved them!)  Anywho, I'm so happy I have something made by genuinely awesome people in my home.


Oh, and I took this picture so you could see my set up in the kitchen with my gifts. 


These are the wedding shower favors Erin made.  They are tea bags!  Can you see they say "Falling in love" and they have my name and Steve's name and our wedding date on them???  I thought these were so cute!

I'm currently working on finishing up the wedding invitations (God, those were time-consuming... I will share later) and prepping for my art show this weekend taking place in Mt. Gretna, PA!  I'm really looking forward to this show.  It's a big deal!  And the website for the show is really nice.  Visit it at www.mtgretnaarts.com

Steve and I will be leaving on Friday, so I'll try to blog at some point this weekend.  Wish me luck!

Peacing out,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment