Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reality Sets In

Now that I'm finally getting into some art shows, the reality of the situation is slowly setting in... Oh my God, I need to crank out more paintings to sell! 

It's a little nerve wracking, especially since I'm so new to all of this.  I'm not sure how much to make or how many to take with me to a show!  I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I can't help it.  I'm programmed that way. :)  Plus, my first show is in a MONTH AND A HALF!!!!!!!!

So, I'm taking the next two days (well, today and Monday) to just paint.  I got a big one finished today.

Bedroom Window, 20x20
Obviously, it was inspired by what I see outside my bedroom window.  Everything is so green and lush outside right now.  I had to make a painting of it! 

Anywho, back to my personal issues: One of the hardest things I'm adjusting to is my time management.  I had problems with that when I worked in the corporate world!  I suck at sticking to my mental schedules.  I always find "more important things" to distract me.  Well, I'm on a mission to keep myself on track and focused.  I'm going to write down my daily schedule so I will be more apt to sticking with it.
And I'm going to have to start saying NO to daily distractions and requests for my time.

I think the NO part is going to be the hardest for me.  I hate saying NO to someone asking me to do something because I don't want to disappoint that person or stress him/her out with my negative response.  In the end, I know I'm saying NO to other stuff to keep me from being disappointed and stressed out.  We'll see how I do when I put this into practice...

With those two very big things set in place for me, I think I will be able to prepare myself for my art shows.  I'm desperate to make this my career because I intensely enjoy doing it!  Only time (and some serious determination) will tell.

Peacing out,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment